Friday, October 9, 2009

SHHHH It's A Surprise....

.....Yes it is. This weekend we will be celebrating my Mom's 75th birthday. And we are having a surprise party for her at Margiano's a great Italian restaurant. Can we pull it off? I hope so, my sister and her family arrive tonight from Florida and Louisiana, my brother and his family will come in from Indiana and we are "visiting" Mom this weekend because "the McClure Guesthouse is not rented and we need to get away." Or so Mom thinks.
Coordinating this event has been an event in itself! The original plan was to have a catered party at my sisters new home in Naperville, but due to some personal events happening and our love for our sister we opted for a restaurant venue. Invitations went out and the replies came back and we will be having many of Mom's friends and family attending. Unfortunately her brother could not make it in, but her sister and sister in law will be there. And sadly my Dad's siblings can not make it because my Dad's sister passed away last week and they have gone to her funeral and to be with her children. I am certain though that along with my Dad, Mom's parents and her brother and nephew and in laws many in heaven will be in attendance there own way.
It is my responsibility to get Mom to the venue on time and without seeing anyone who may arrive late. We are having a luncheon and Mom is not a morning person; motivating her will be tough! We have given hints all week to her and if she was listening it should work. I am going to have to tell her where we are going and that we have reservations so that may help. So she does not notice familiar cars we will valet park and proceed in to the restaurant. We have to go to the party room which is on the lower level right by the elevator.
Fifteen years ago we had a surprise 130th birthday party which was the total of Mom and Dad's years, I think Mom was surprised, but Dad said he had his suspicions. It was a success, my only wish is that this could have been a surprise 160th birthday party, but Dad celebrates in Heaven now.
It will be great that we will be together for this time in Mom's life. I just hope she is surprised! Wish us luck and much fun!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I hope you guys have a fun trip and that your mom is surprised and has fun! :)

If you have time, swing through Oglesby on your way home. We'd love to see you. :)

Dawn said...

i hope the party was a grand success! and that your surprise surprises!

Catherine Anne said...

Oh I love your blog and the blog name! Nice to meet you!