Wednesday, November 19, 2008

SURROUNDED

Do you ever feel "surrounded"?
As I sit here tonight I do. To my left is Tigger, to my right under the cover is Rico, on the floor is Callie, on the back of the couch by my neck is Tommy, barking from the basement is Abby and Lucy is whining a bit. So you think I am surrounded by all of them, but no, they are my protectors because I feel "surrounded" by the mouse that is sneaking around, avoiding the mouse trap. At times Tigger and Callie seem aware there is the mouse lurking about, as I see them focusing on the floor beneath the cabinets. Why is it that a teeny tiny mouse can make a person feel surrounded? Is it that it is sneaky and may be peering at me as I walk about?
I know the mouse is a bit peeved because I have put all food away in the refrigerator, in the microwave or in sealed containers. There are absolutely no morsels around for him, except for the peanut butter in the trap. Eventually the mouse has to get hungry, don't you think?
This is the third mouse this fall....or maybe the second because maybe the mouse just returned. Back in mid October MOUSE #1 came in and I noticed Tigger was staring out the window at a bird or so I thought. I walked to the window and moved the curtain and MOUSE #1 jumped out at me and ran into Mikes office. Tigger ran after it and I thought he was my hero, but no MOUSE #1 got into some boxes and hid. I called out for my hero hubby to help. MOUSE #1 ran out from the box and my hero hubby then shooed him with a broom and that little critter came right at me! Mike was laughing as I screamed, ran into the bedroom and SLAMMED the door! As I stuck my head back out I told Mike to get the Labs and he did and Abby caught MOUSE #1 and she took it outside where he died. Mouse #2 ended up falling into the empty kitchen garbage can and I heard it attempting to escape. I got my hero hubby up and he checked out the garbage can and found Mouse #2. I insisted that my hero hubby take Mouse #2 over to the field and let him run free. So Mouse #2 may have returned or his cousin is here surrounding me.
And yes I do feel surrounded! I am going to bed and leaving my cats to watch for the mouse and hopefully the mouse will get hungry for a taste of peanut butter and the trap will surround him.
GOOD NIGHT:) ML

1 comment:

But you can call me Miss... said...

Do you regret setting him free now?

There is a bat in the auditorium. I considered setting him free, and then I decided we should get a pellet gun!