Wednesday, November 26, 2008

BEST FRIENDS, Someone To Be Thankful For!

Just what is a best friend?
Someone who tolerates the best of you and the worst? Someone who helps you out in good times and in bad times? Someone who is there even if not physically? Someone who is just as they are with you, no phoniness, just them? YES, YES, YES, YES!
My best friend is all of this plus so much more that I can not even put it in words. She is someone I admire, respect, laugh at and laugh with, and yes all of the things above. And believe it or not I have not seen her in a couple of years. She is in pharmacy school and leads a very involved life what with school, her family including grand kids and a beautiful home with a fantastic garden. She is away at school Monday - Thursday and most generally is home on the weekends.
She pushes herself to be the very best at any and every thing. In our lifetime together this has included macrame, kids, cooking, kids, house renovation, kids, exercise, Pharmacy  tech, finances, stained glass, gardening, landscaping, interior design, law, college, pharmacy school and most of all being my best friend.
She is very gifted artistically and intellectually I really envy her. Through everything though she always had time for me no matter what. And yes we did have a period [due to a lie from someone else] that we did not speak at all. I believe that I really mourned during that time the loss of her friendship, then a simple car breakdown and a call to her ( I could not reach anyone else) and she was there. We reconciled and went on like nothing ever happened. NOW THAT IS A FRIEND!
The Thanksgiving Holiday always reminds me of a special thanksgiving we spent together and
we cooked dinner.  We were in our 20s and new at this holiday cooking.  I did my thing and she did hers including oyster dressing, HOWEVER she used her food processor to prepare the oysters, the oysters were pureed and needless to say we did not partake of the dish, once we tasted it.  To this day we laugh at the memory and I am so thankful for the memory, just as I am thankful that she is in my life!
Do you have a "best friend" you are thankful for?  Tell them!
Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!

No comments: