Saturday, November 22, 2008

Heartbreak

It is really hard when you have your heart broken isn't it?
In my life I can remember times that I have suffered from this.
Having my parents disappointed with me, a break up, not getting hired, getting
fired, death of my grandparents, a poor test grade I really did study hard for,
a friend no longer being my friend, miscarriage, divorce, loss of a pet, death of a pet, death of my other grandparents, death of my father. So you see I have had many heartbreaks.
But at this moment my heart is breaking for my husband as he is a part in the end of his dear friends life. I don't know what to say or do. I am walking around quietly, listening and trying to be there for him. His heart is breaking, knowing that his friend will no longer be there. He will miss the companionship, the jokes, the brotherhood of clergy, the deep sharing of Love for Our Lord. I can not imagine how this void in his life will be filled, I only hope that my husband knows that I am here to help if at all possible.
And oh yes, in addition my heart will break when this dear friend of ours is gone. But oh the joy I will feel knowing he is no longer suffering and is able to fully share his Love with Our Lord one to one. I know my husband will experience this joy too.

And I hope this joy will help to heal our broken hearts. But there will always be a little bit broken in our hearts, when our friend has left this earth and gone to be with Our Lord.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Sometimes the toughest hearts to have broken belong to those we love.

Goodness, remembrance, and love have no end. And the Lord of life holds all who die, and all who mourn.