Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Deadlines

Ahh yes, deadlines are everywhere, don't you think? I do not like them at all. Deadlines are interferences in ones life. I must get the project done, I must get the gift bought, I must cook the dessert I promised to bring, I will lose weight by that certain date, I have a paper which is due, etc.etc.......

Can you imagine the stress less life we would lead if we did not have deadlines? Being spontaneous is a luxury but if there were no deadlines would this be a luxury or an asset?
We are getting closer to being retired from, rather than starting our photography business [it is so very hard to believe it has been 27 years since we started SPIETH PHOTOGRAPHY] and now, we are beginning The McClure Guesthouse, are we crazy? Actually no, this is our dream which is coming true! Last night we were checking over web sites and info from different Guesthouses and Bed & Breakfasts to complete our information brochures and web page. And yes, we have a deadline to complete our info brochures and it is ASAP, as we are hoping to Open May 1st.
In between now and then we have yearbooks to complete, wedding albums to design, Eighth Grade Graduation portraits and the BOF (Best Of Friends) 6 day photo shoot which is the Olnean's yearly fundraiser [yes, with a deadline!]
On top of that I am accompanying my Mom to Florida for twelve days. Now yes, a trip with my Mom will be great, it has been each time I have gone with her in the last 3 years, this time is a bit longer. I think I will be taking the computer with me this time, because I can work in the mornings as I sit on the beach, now that sounds pretty cushy, don't you think! But I will be working towards these deadlines!
Life has been pretty involved lately with the Studio, The Guesthouse prep and I have just found out that a dear friends Mother has cancer and may not be here with her and her family too much longer. (I hope it does not happen while I am gone.) And now I have added the deadline of getting everything ready: home, packing, work completed, all before I leave for Florida, next week!

I guess though this shows that I am alive and not sitting around in front of the TV just zoning out, I have a purpose and I WILL MEET THESE DEADLINES without a doubt. I have to, after all I am committed to the deadlines and yes...... I say stress?.......what stress?.........

4 comments:

sribbler said...

life is nothing without deadlines and commitments..

Mary Lou said...

How true, but....what woud it be like wthout deadlines???

But you can call me Miss... said...

I'd dig it.

I can help with some yearbooks after PP, if that helps :)

Dawn said...

oh... i hate that i need a deadline to finish something... but i do! just call me last minute lucy!!