Thursday, February 12, 2009

Our Lord Works In Mysterious Ways.

Now I am not so blessed to know and experience our Lord the way my husband and others have been blessed. But I do experience how he works in my life. There is a book out called GOD WINKS and many of the stories are great and remind me that I have had many God Winks in my life.
Close calls where I say "Whew!", a phone call from someone I have been thinking about, new people coming into our business life just when we think "now what are we going to do?" A beautiful bird flying overhead when I am staring outside because I am so disappointed in things that have happened and the bird reminds me there is hope for beautiful things to come. Holding the most handsome baby boy and looking up to see the pride and love in his grandpa's eyes. Speaking out loud about the exact same thing at the exact same time as my husband. Hearing a sermon from Father Robert that answers the questions and hopes and concerns I have been having. A little Chihuahua climbing into my lap to snuggle when I am sad. Many years ago standing outside a grocery store with ONLY one dollar to buy something for supper for my ex-husband and I and his Mum coming up out of the blue, seeing my fear and giving me some money to buy some food. A touch on my shoulder from my friend, not for any reason but it is just what I needed! A smile from a child that I thought might not smile.

Yes there have been so very many God Winks in my life. I DO NOT doubt there is a GOD and that he works and is in my life 24/7! I have had one lady, who taught a class I took tell me that I have a deep faith. And I am in agreement and so very glad. Now I just want you to watch for the God Winks in your life. You will be glad.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

i love these little God Winks :) i have also experienced some of the things you wrote about... and it is quite amazing. especially when you know who is giving the gift! thank you for this beautiful reminder and sharing your heart... and i might have to set out on a search for that book!

Maham Khan said...

Amazing!