Sunday, March 8, 2009

Blessings, Missing You and Appreciation For Where I Am.

I miss my hubby very much right now, but I am very happy to be here with my Mom too.
Last night (saturday) my Mom, my sister Patti and I went out on the town, well actually for a spin around this part of town, deciding where to have dinner. We ended up at Umbertos and enjoyed great Italian food. Mom and Patti, played it safe with chicken parm and spaghetti, I decided to try something different and hard to pronounce - Gnocchi it was great! I even have leftovers to enjoy for lunch. We had a great time laughing, enjoying past memories and joking around.
Today Mom and I went to Mass at 8 AM, we were on time even with the time change. We then came back to the resort and had breakfast. This afternoon Patti arrived with gifts, Amaretto [not because I need it, but because I like it] for me and 3 different wigs for Mom. Mom has very thin hair and mentioned she was thinking about getting a wig, Patti had some and brought them. We tried them on Mom, such fun we had and then took some pictures and sent them to our siblings for a vote, so far C is winning. We then went out into the sun and enjoyed the beautiful day and being together.
Around 4 I touched base with Mike, I just needed to hear his voice 'cause I do miss him! And as always it made my day, just to hear him, even though we did not talk too long. This time being apart really makes me appreciate and love him so much more, 1-because I really do miss him and 2-because he let me come down here to be with my Mom for such a long time, actually he did not "let" me, he encouraged me to come. Thanks love!
Tonight we had dinner with Patti & Frank and Frank's sister and husband, Barbara & George. It was a dinner filled with so much laughter and fun. Thank you all, Mom had a great time and I did too.
I will be here until Thursday and I am sure we will have more memories to remember and to make. I have such appreciation for where I am too at this time, with my Mom and loving her so very much, loving my siblings and enjoying our love for one another, thanks to my Mom and Dad, we (siblings) get along pretty good and we are lucky that we stay in touch. I am also lucky to have Mike in my life. God has richly blessed me, don't you agree?

No comments: