Sunday, March 22, 2009

Turn Around and Where Has It Gone?

"TIME FLIES", yes it does. In 10 days I will have been blessed to have been the wife of Mike for 22 years! It seems like it was just last week that we headed out with our secret. We were going to Gatlinburg, Tennessee to "tie the knot"; no one except Mike's sons and my sister Patti, knew we were doing this. We had our announcements to send out and our clothing, rings and video camera to capture the ceremony. I had just returned home from 7 days in Florida with my sister Patti and my 2 month old nephew Joey, his Dad was away so I had helped out and threw everyone off from our secret.
Mike and I left on Sunday and arrived on Monday at the courthouse in Sievereville to get our marriage license and send out our announcements, so they would arrive on April Fool's day.....our wedding day. I joke that we got married on April Fool's day 'cause "only fools fall in love" but you know, I do not feel foolish at all!
Now back to "time flies" ....that 2 month old nephew is now a handsome, charming 22 year old, we are grandparents, have 2 great sons, 14 additional nieces and nephews and one great niece. Four Surrogate daughters, a great church family and many great friends. Last year was our 25th year of being owners of our photography business, and we are about to begin a new business, the McClure Guesthouse. Of course there have been sad/bad times...loss of family members and dear friends, illness, business problems, but the good times far outweigh the bad and we are lucky.
Over the past three weeks Mike and I have been apart quite a bit. It is amazing just how slow that time flew. We are back on track now, together almost 24/7, many people find it hard to believe we can be together so much and have such a great marriage, but I can honestly say it does work.
I do turn around and wonder where the time has gone, but then I realize that "time flies", and it is such a beautiful flight! I am truly blessed with my husband, family, friends and business and I thank God every day.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Is trying to figure out who the 4th is... Who am I missing or forgetting?

Bo and I will be by this week. I'm interested in your dream interpretation. :)

Dawn said...

a beautiful flight, indeed! i absolutely LOVE your wedding story :) congratulations on 22 years.. and many more.