Tuesday, March 31, 2009

CAPTURED

I suppose you think I am going to write about something, someone or myself being captured. Perhaps that is right. My way of capture is with one of my cameras. I have been fortunate in the past 31 years (oh my that sounds so long!) to capture thousands of people, numerous animals and a multitude of nature and scenic photographs. I think that calling this a "job" is unfortunate, because I enjoy this aspect of my "job" immensely. Of course all of the nitty gritty details to accomplish the delivery of the product we create is tedious, however the end of it results in such satisfaction.
The art of Capture is such fun and very thought provoking. Creating the image can and usually does take planning, the best part is the actual capture and end result, a photograph which creates a memory, that can touch your heart. At least that is my intent.
When a disaster takes place (tornado, hurricane, flood, fire) and you may see on the TV the people affected, many say they were able to save their photographs or perhaps they lost their photographs. For me this shows that these images they saved or lost were so very important, a preservation of a memory .
In this day of Digital photography capture is so much easier, however it is making people comfortable. It is essential to get a hard copy of the image because......
......a camera can break, be lost or stolen. A memory card can fail and because of the newness of digital imagery saving to a hard drive, CD or DVD may not be permanent. Please make sure to get a picture you can hold in your hand, frame or put in an album. It will then become a permanent memory for you to share with the future. Please do not wait, because any of the above can happen at any time!
OK enough lecturing. It is such a joy to see peoples faces when I present their photographs to them. My husband is very gifted as a photographer I suppose you could say it is in his blood, being third generation and all. I am so lucky to have learned most of what I know from him. We are fortunate to be able to Capture Memories for others, in our Studio literature we call it "Memory Insurance" and I really believe it is.
We connect with many people at the time of the loss of a loved one. They need a picture of their loved one for the funeral or for themselves. I am sorry for people at this time in their life. However, I am thankful we can give them this memory we have created. To be able to see a little glimmer of comfort when I give them their photograph lets me hope that they will be able to get through this very sad time, a bit easier with this picture of their loved one. And because of the photograph, the memory will be with them always.
I have many photographs of my Dad at work and at home, often I look at them for comfort, encouragement and even advice. The picture is a piece of my Dad and I am so happy Mike captured him for me, such a treasured gift!
I am sure you all are thankful for the pictures you have, to keep memories, yours forever.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

these captured memories are essential!! it has been a while since i have sent my pictures to be printed... and lnger still that i have not pressed them into my albums. it is a good reminder for me. i do have oneof those external hard drives that i have store my photos on... CD's too. but i guess you never know. not only do pictures tell a thousand words... they tug at a thousand heartstrings :)