Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Angels Must Be Having A Bowling Tournament

When I was small and the thunderstorms rolled in I tended to be anxious and frightened. My Dad would sooth me by stating that "God's Angels are bowling". Well this would calm me down and pay attention to the Angels game, rather than fear the storm. I assume I accepted this statement as Dad was an avid bowler. He bowled on Monday evenings and then often Mom and Dad bowled on Saturday evenings. And he loved it! So much so that as I recall, he bowled up to when he became ill with cancer. Since he "knew" about and loved bowling I just took it for granted that he "knew" the Angels were bowling.
Now that I am older I seem to have forgotten about the Angels bowling and get very nervous and once again, I do not like thunderstorms. Lately we have had way too many thunderstorms, just the other evening one was occurring and Mike, his Parents and I along with our 4.8 lb. chihuahua Rico, were sitting in the living room in the early evening as one took over. We were noting just how nervous Rico was and a loud clap came and I jumped out of the chair, everyone laughed and Rico trembled! Then they blamed me for his fear. However since the earthquake last year Rico has been very nervous at rumblings, so it really was not me that made him tremble.
As I sit here jotting this down and waiting for dawn, it is once again thundering and Rico is on my lap trembling at each "strike the Angels are making". I guess the Angels must be having one huge, lengthy bowling tournament during these past couple of weeks.
I bet, my Dad is either rooting for, no "strike" that, I bet, that he is on a team. You know, thinking this way makes me realize that, yes, the Angels are bowling and in one heck of a tournament!
You go Dad and thanks for the reminder that yes, ........................... God's Angels are bowling and You are on their team!

No comments: