Tuesday, June 9, 2009

FAMILY

Family is an essential part of my life. I am blessed to have 5 great siblings. Tim is my favorite brother and KathyPattiMaureenBetsey is (are) my favorite sister(s). [How would you really choose just one to be your favorite, when they all are really special and unique to me]
I have also been blessed in my life to have 21 great aunts and uncles and 30 pretty neat cousins. Then there are 12 really wonderful nieces and nephews. And of course 4 wonderful grandparents and then my own very special parents. And in heaven now are, all of my grandparents, eight of my aunts and/or uncles, two of my cousins and my very special heavenly angel, my Dad. They reside there and watch out for all of us still here on earth. And I have no doubt that they all are in heaven!
Now to my Spieth side, besides my wonderful husband, there are two step sons,one step daughter in law, two step grandsons, two brother in laws, one sister in law and one nephew. Along with my great mother in law and father in law. The men on this side rule as you can tell! And all of these Spieth's are blessings and still here on earth.
So as you can tell Family is an essential part of my life.
But you must never (and I don't) take them for granted, because in the blink of an eye they may be gone from this earth never to be an earthly being in my life. To me it is important to reach out and touch base with them to let them know how much they mean to you! It only takes a minute and in this day and age with land lines, cell phones and Internet my family is just a "touch pad" away.
So as was a saying when I was young be sure to "reach out, just reach out and touch someone" special [a Family member, perhaps] to you today. After all Family is what you are blessed with no matter how large or small it is. And I am so very thankful for my family! I just may reach out and touch them today!

No comments: