Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A GIFT OF LOVE

My Mother and Father in law went home yesterday after a three week visit. Now I know that many will think OMG, THREE WEEKS, but you know I am not thinking that at all, everyday was worth it.
We had a wonderful visit and I wish it could have been longer. They had to get back home to take care of business and health appointments. As it was, we got them to stay an extra week. Many days were spent getting The McClure Guesthouse ready to open. I am soooo glad they were here to help, who would ever be able to think of everything?? In a previous blog I talked about the shopping excursion that is a memory I will always treasure. Now I feel I need to call Nancy often for her thoughts and input and I will!
The McClure Guesthouse became A GIFT OF LOVE about 3 years ago when my husband agreed that we could restore the home and have this Guesthouse. When we purchased the home in 1990 it took us 20 minutes to decide, yes! It felt like the home I always wanted and I have lived in many since I left my home in Evanston for my freshman year in college, and that has been 14 homes to be exact!
When we left our 215 home (the McClure Home) in 2003 to live in our current Cypress home I was sad, so much so that I never really moved out totally. I just could not let go. There were a few people interested in "seeing" the house and thankfully that was all, they just "saw" it nothing else. I am sure it was overwhelming to think about restoring it. But it is now a beautifully restored home.
Once again I must mention Kuenstler Construction who did the renovation with such detail and I am sure now they must have a bit of love for this old gem.
I LOVE IT! And those that have had an early peek, say the love it too.
The McClure Guesthouse will be a home full of love for all who stay here and I think it is because everyone that has been involved (even just a little bit) in the restoration, Mike, my Mom, Mike's Parents, Kathy (my sister), Brad, Jeff, Reagan, Emery & Lynden, Bobbie, Judi Lippert, Jean, Laura & John, the Kuenstler's, Jon Racklin and of course even me, put a bit of love into it, to make it what it is today.
So, welcome to all who want a unique place to stay.
This home is a Gift Of Love! And I am so glad that we can share it! We are so blessed!

An Grand Opening will be held August 9th, and we will share this Love with all who attend!

No comments: