Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Critter People

Cute, cuddly, comfy, crazy, curious, consoling, creepy, the Critters in our life are all of these. Cute...Rico a 4.8 lb., 2.5 year old Chihuahua who came into our lives to fill the void we would feel when our poodles went to the Rainbow Bridge. He has done exactly that and so much more.
Cuddly....Tommy my 7 year old marmalade cat, he is aloof but very cuddly, if Rico allows him to be. Comfy......Callie our adopted 12+ year old fluffy kitty, who came into our life from our dear friend Armie. We took her in to make it easier and comfy for Armie, but she has really made us comfy, when she looks at us we fondly remember our friend Armie because we "share" Callie, at night when she curls up at the foot of our bed we again are comfy. Crazy.....Tigger my orange 5.5 year old kitty, he was named after the Winnie the Pooh character because he jumps around as Tigger does and you never know what he will do from head butts, to sharing yogurt, to soft touches, to mad races throughout the house, to sneaking around to try to make friends (I think) with Callie. Curious.....Abby, no she is not a cat, she is Mike's 78 lb, 7 year old (today, Happy birthday!) yellow lab and she is most certainly curious, always checking out the neighborhood, our house and her pet siblings. She never stops! As a matter of fact she is now outside in this 8 inch snowfall checking things out, but please Abby stay out of the neighbors trash! Consoling.....Lucy our 58 lb., 4.5 year old yellow lab, (one of Abby's puppies) she was supposed to be my dog but her main squeeze is Mike, she is the dearest most consoling lab, quiet, gentle and loving quite different from her Mom. But she does adore her Mom!
Finally, Creepy....the mouse who continues to creep around not inside any longer but in the garage, we will catch you!
The lab's have kennels in the basement and prior to seeing Marley and Me spent much time down there, they are now spending more time upstairs with us. However the Alpha Critter in our home is Rico, the labs and cats never cross him, I guess he is the Male who rules, in this house! Hmmmmmm. (Please ignore this Mike:).
Except for the Creepy critter (although I am sure Mike LOVES laughing at me when the creepy critter comes around me and I react as I do) we love them all, through our years together Mike and I have been blessed with many loving critters: 10 are waiting for us at the Rainbow Bridge and I am sure there will be more critters in our lives, after all we are "Critter people" and we consider them blessings from God!

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Rico seems to be warming up to me...

Da Deacon said...

Sweetie pie, I love this post. It brings a tear to my eye recalling our many other "kids" that we have loved and cared for so dearly. Indeed we have been blessed to share in the joy of affectionate and unconditional love that we have for our pets and our pets have for us. God is good!

PS. Long live the mouse!