Saturday, January 31, 2009

On your mark, Get ready, Get set and GOGOGOGO!!!!

Okay, here goes, I'm on my way.....I hope! There is more than 12 inches of cold, iced snow on the ground and I am starting the "new me", "trophy, trophy wife" body improvement routine.
I WILL lose weight, I WILL walk, I WILL succeed!
About 5 1/2 years ago, I did succeed and became a "trophy wife" for about 2 1/2 years, then I had some serious health issues [pancreatitis and gall bladder] and my doctor said to back off for a while with the "body beautiful" plan. And for once I followed his advice and now a while [2 1/2 years] is up. And I am starting it all over again! This time my incentive is not only to get healthy but, with what lies ahead in starting The McClure Guesthouse and with Spieth Photography's new look and business plan, I will need to be healthy to keep up with everything.
And to help achieve this goal we introduced a NordikTrack treadmill into our lives this past week. It is not something to be ignored, as it sits right in the middle of our dining room/kitchen. I suppose that is incentive enough to not eat as we have to walk by it every time we head for the kitchen. I guess Mike was pretty clever in establishing this placement! I even see it the first thing as I enter from our bedroom in the morning, so my goal is that I will walk before I open up my computer! However I have noticed that you can purchase some type of attachment to affix your laptop, hmmmmmmm. I usually surf about an hour each morning, an interesting thought: how many can surf and walk at the same time? And for an hour, time does seem to fly when surfing, this could be very good for walking! Of course it would be awhile before I could achieve this because I still have to hold on, don't have my bearings just yet.
Another bit of incentive is my annual trip to Florida with my Mom. Not that looking cute in a bathing suit is imperative, being comfortable is. We stay at a resort on the beach near Fort Lauderdale, but the age norm is 65-75 and many couples and widows like my Mom. It is truly a relaxing time. Mom has her daughters come with for about 10 days, ever since Dad died. I think she likes the warm fuzzies she gets there, since they had always vacationed there towards the end of their time together.
So with a bit of luck and a lot of perseverance, I am on my way to being my husband's Trophy, Trophy wife. Then, when we are retired like my parents were, we can go on a vacation in Florida and look good and be healthy.....Please wish me luck!
Oh and by the way Mike is "a walkin" too!!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

We bought our treadmill on Friday. My Mike and I will be joining you in the new fitness goals! Hopefully we will all look and feel better!!

Dawn said...

i will wish you good luck! my own nordik trak ski thingy is in the garage... buried at the moment. eek! sounds like your strategic placement might be just the thing!! thanks for your comments over at my blog :) i have to admit, i was sure excited when i saw my "followers" grow to two :)

sribbler said...

good luck.. you WILL succeed!